Thursday, August 8, 2013

Playing Spiritual Catch Up

Image found HERE
I'm outta practice. Esbats have basically fallen to the wayside the last few months. Either I havn't been home, too tired to stay up past dark, or honesty... they slip by me while I'm dug into a schedule that I don't even know how I manage! Actually... I kinda don't. Hence the missed esbats.

Anyway... now that the summer is starting to wind down (yay!), school is about to start (super yay!) and I have a little more time on my hands... I'm getting back to it. And it feels good. Like Super Amazing kinda good! I never realize how much I miss it, until I've gone back. Ever feel that way?

So first off, its not just about the esbats, its the whole she-bang. I've started spending 30-45 minutes every morning outside. Drinking my Chai Latte and reading spiritual minded material. Time to myself, time to reflect... time to think! And I love hearing the bugs and the birds, have the wind blow and the sun shining down on me. I love everything about this time! And I intend to keep giving it to myself too!

Then comes the actual work. I read, but then I have to do an exercise or two (lets call them worksheets) that actually show that I can comprehend what they're saying. I've done most of them, I'm half way through book eight now, but I also have to turn these in and my illegible chicken scratch clawed out during my lunch break at work, just isn't going to cut it. So I'm typing them out and formatting them all pretty. It's nerdy secretarial computer work, but I love it. My OCD gets a chance to reign free! I'm hoping to have those done and sent in a couple of months or so! Whoo Hoo!

And then I also joined the Oprah & Deepak 21-Day Meditation Challenge. I'm actually running a day behind on it, so I just did day one last night. But it was amazing! I've come to realize that I do better when guided through a meditation. Don't get me wrong, I've benefited from doing them on my own, like when I had my spontaneous regression. But for the daily routine, I think the guided ones suit me better. And I absolutely adore Deepak Chopra. He has opened my eyes to so many things through his books. I respect and admire him, his message, his dedication and his view on spirituality. 

Then finally... I did my first New Moon Ritual in months. Like months and months. But I knew this was an important one. We're starting off on the new journey, with so much working against us. So many obstacles to overcome and not a lot of time to do it in. I've really been looking toward Ganesha lately as He is known as the Remover of Obstacles and the Lord of Beginnings. 

So I went off on a search, looking for any type of ritual, offering, prayer or mantra I could use to invoke His energy. I found an excellent New Moon Ritual for Ganesha and I performed my own version for this month's New Moon. You can find the post New Moon Ritual to Ganesha over at Prayers to the Universe. A great big thank you to P.D. for sharing! I was also able to imbue an OM ring I wear daily with His energy so that I can focus and carry His energy with me. It was a very productive, self centering, worry freeing experience I'm sure to repeat!

So there it is my dears. Getting caught up on the spiritual homework. I'm loving every minute of it! Do you ever feel behind in that life area? How do you get caught up? 


Please respect this blog and the associated blogger by not reproducing any part of 'The Multi-Faceted Experience' without consent from the author. If you would like to share this blog, posting of links is welcomed. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I think, for me, it's about feeling disconnected. As soon as I reconnect, it's as if I had been there all along, and I wonder why the heck I didn't just do that sooner.

    I do love the reconnecting part.. so much! I'm doing the Deepak/Oprah Meditation Challenge, too! :)
    Hugs and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every now and then, I just don't feel like it. Or have the patience for it, so I don't do it. I try not doing anything when I don't want to--unless is absolutely necessary.

    Every once in a while I skip a few of my walks, which are my favorite Magaly times. I don't think I ever try to make up the lost time, but just get back to the flow.

    I'm glad you have more time and have found the energy to fill it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on this Magaly. I try to do my best, but there are times when it just doesn't feel like a must. And in those times I wouldn't be respecting my beliefs or my deities if I half-assed my way through it. I'd rather be committed to it than just shuffling through the motions just to get through it, ya know?

      Delete